"Have you ever heard of Parkinson's law? It states:
‘WORK EXPANDS SO AS TO FILL THE TIME AVAILABLE FOR ITS COMPLETION’
I heard this in college and I found it to be a fascinating idea. What does it mean? It means if I give you an hour to write a letter, it will take you an hour. If I give you 5 minutes it will take you 5 minutes. We tend to expand tasks according to the time alotted. What does this mean to me? If I have a day ahead of me and the only thing on my list is to do laundry, that's all I will do. On the other hand, if I know I have 10 things that need to get done that day I will make them happen"
‘WORK EXPANDS SO AS TO FILL THE TIME AVAILABLE FOR ITS COMPLETION’
I heard this in college and I found it to be a fascinating idea. What does it mean? It means if I give you an hour to write a letter, it will take you an hour. If I give you 5 minutes it will take you 5 minutes. We tend to expand tasks according to the time alotted. What does this mean to me? If I have a day ahead of me and the only thing on my list is to do laundry, that's all I will do. On the other hand, if I know I have 10 things that need to get done that day I will make them happen"
No comments:
Post a Comment